Monday, September 28, 2009

greens in peanut sauce

For a few of my meals for the week, I made Greens in Peanut Sauce from Simply in Season with the rainbow chard I bought at the market on Saturday. It consists of onion, garlic, tomato, curry, cumin, peanut butter, and lots of greens with white, red, orange, and purple stems. I also added some cooked chicken. Not a bad way to eat normally-bitter greens.

Note to self: there's a reason this is listed as a "side dish." I don't think these kinds of greens are meant to be consumed in larger than side-dish quantities, or for too many days in a row. Next time I'll make it with some kind of meat and serve it to more people than myself, because overall it really is a good recipe.

1 comment:

  1. umm...i'm pretty sure that is something i would NOT enjoy. i would let you come cook for me as long as you don't make that. :)

    ReplyDelete