Tuesday, October 6, 2009

soup #3

Last night I served Goulash (from tastykitchen.com, aka, "Feels and Smells Like My Nana's House Soup"). It consisted of ground beef, onion, green beans, carrots/peas/corn, and pasta. Could possible have done better with the spices. Chili powder maybe? Oregano? It ended up being an add your own kind of deal. Bread and butter also, of course.

In attendance: me, Amanda, Laura, Lindsey

Extra tidbits: A double batch was made at home in Lansing in a ginormous pot on mom's stove. Perhaps should have waited to add the pasta until close to the end. It got quite soggy and added sweetness I wasn't expecting.

To spare: an embarrassing amount. Plenty in the freezer for some other time and maybe some to take to work for sharing.

2 comments:

  1. We ate ours Monday with leftover rolls and honey, Tuesday with tortilla chips, Wednesday for lunch with extra pepper and one serving left for my lunch tomorrow. I don't think we will see that one for a while.
    What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are funny. i have an idea...freeze pack some and send it to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete