Last night I made Mulligatawny Soup at the suggestion of my friend Kristin. And I only needed a few things from the farmer's market to make it happen. Carrots, onion, celery, and butter were the base to which was added flour, curry, chicken stock, grated apple, chicken, and basmati rice. Next time I'll dice the apples (as suggested) and add more rice. Also, because I started with a no-salt chicken stock, I ended up adding a lot of salt back in.
In attendance: Me, Jenny, Amanda, Lindsey, Jessica (Kristin got in in the leftovers)
Extra tidbits: bread was frozen from last week, but I didn't notice a difference
To spare: two more bowls. I finally only made a single batch and it worked out well this time.
P.S. the soup looked nothing like the picture in the link. Maybe because I never added heavy cream?
No comments:
Post a Comment