Thursday, November 12, 2009

ice cream sandwiches for 96

Last night at my church's mid-week meal I made ice cream sandwiches from scratch for dessert. They started with brownies baked super thin--I combined a 9 x 13 and 8 x 8 mix (times 4) and baked them on a huge pan (maybe 12 x 18?) so they were about a 1/4-inch thick. Then I sliced chocolate chip ice cream into 1/2-inch thick slabs with a two-handled knife and put that on the bottom layer before sticking it back in the freezer for a while. I cut the top layer into 8 smaller pieces so I could lift them onto the bottom layer much easier. When that was done I cut the whole thing up into individual portions with a pizza cutter. It was awesome! Though I do think I lost a layer of skin on my hands from the ice cream stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment