A few weeks ago I bought a spaghetti squash at the market and it was starting to get a little iffy, so when I saw this recipe (from a favorite food blog) I knew Friday night was the time to do it. Because I don't have a microwave I opted for the bake-it method, which allowed me the time to make the "sauce" and cook some basmati rice.
Spaghetti squash is an amazing specimen. It really does come out of the skin looking like spaghetti and I'm sure it would taste wonderful with red sauce. However, I had a special sauce of my own waiting, particularly because I did not have most of what the recipe called for. So I swapped cinnamon for coriander, chili powder for cayenne, and left off the fresh cilantro. I also added chickpeas as suggested. This tasted incredible. And I've been enjoying the leftovers for a few lunches. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment