Monday night I made Unstuffed Pepper Soup, a recipe I found in my mom's files while home this past weekend. I immediately knew it was going to be my next soup and it was a hit. Because a lot of the ingredients come from cans, it was a very low-fuss construction with little clean-up required. Always a plus.
Here's the recipe!
Unstuffed Pepper Soup
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3 lg green peppers, chopped
1 lg onion, chopped
2 - 14 oz cans beef broth
2 - 10 oz cans tomato soup
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 - 4 oz can mushrooms
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1. brown ground beef along with the pepper and onion
2. stir in broth, soup, tomatoes, and mushrooms
3. boil and reduce heat, simmer for 30 min
4. add cooked rice and heat through
Serves 10
In attendance: Me, Jenny, Laura, Lindsey, Jen, Kristin
Extra tidbits: French bread from Wealthy Street Bakery
To spare: Three more bowls. This recipe definitely serves 10 without any modifications.
No comments:
Post a Comment